Friday, February 24, 2012

Pooped.

After the success of having Zoey poop in the amber tray for the first time, my elation quickly turned into a new string of problems.

For about a week, Zoey used the amber tray if she was being watched and encouraged. Always the defiant cat, she started waiting later and later to evacuate. She somehow managed to change her schedule - by 12 hours. Instead of going in the evening like she used to, she's now going sometime in the early hours of the morning around 6.

The part I can't understand is that she still uses the tray when she needs to pee, so obviously she has no issues getting up on the tray. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that Zoey is not only defiant, but out to make my life miserable. I've even switched back to the red tray, but she still is insisting on going on the bathroom rug.

I'm starting to run out of ideas. My mom suggested that I kennel Zoey during the night so she'll have to wait until I'm up in the morning to go. While it's not a terrible idea - I have a large, dog-sized crate - I would have to do some serious soundproofing. When Zoey's not happy, you know it, and I have a feeling my neighbors wouldn't be thrilled.

Before I resort to kenneling, I might have to try my grandpa's advice: "Maybe she just needs a magazine." Next time I'm at PetSmart, I'll have to pick up an issue of Cat Fancy.

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate the fact that you called it "evacuate." And I think your grandpa might be right. The right reading material really sets the mood for evacuation.

    ReplyDelete