Wednesday, December 28, 2011

One Step at a Time

Because I went home over Christmas, I didn't try to introduce a new phase to my cats before leaving. While I was gone, I had someone go to my house and change the litter. It wasn't done to my cats' standards though, so there was a huge mess around the tray when I got home.

When I got back Sunday night, I decided to try moving the tray back on top of the toilet. Once again, I plopped both cats up there so they knew where the tray had gone. It wasn't too long after I moved the tray that I heard one of the cats scratching in the litter - when I investigated, I saw JC using the tray correctly!

I don't think I've ever been so happy to see a cat poop before.

The tray has been on top of the toilet for three days without incident, but today I found poop in the bathtub again. At this point, even though I still haven't caught either cat in the act, I'm starting to suspect Zoey. I've actually seen JC use the tray correctly, but although I've seen Zoey on top of the toilet scratching around, I've never seen her actually use it. Maybe she's been holding it in for three days...

My bathtub is full of water again, so I'll see what happens within the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. Is it a problem that I also find poop in my bathtub? Should I be worried that I don't have a cat?

    ReplyDelete